Me and my best friend somehow ended up dating, the thing is that we're both girls. She is out to her family but I am not, and I don't really know what how I will tell my family(they can be very judgmental) I know eventually I'll have to talk them but I'm nervous. Any advice on telling anyone?
Hi Emily, I see that your nervous about coming out to your family. Coming out can be a difficult thing be also rewarding. There are a few things you need to understand though before you come out,
1. It is entirely your decision
2. -Don’t let anyone pressure you into coming out
3. -Sometimes people don’t respond well to someone coming out to them/Sometimes people can be very supportive
4. -Make sure that coming out to your family doesn’t put you in any danger
5. -Think about the consequences, good and/or bad
Coming out is a process that you are in control of and I will give a link to more information and tips on preparing yourself, and coming out, also just because your dating someone who is out, doesn’t mean that you have to immediately come out as well. Each situation is different, so talk to the person you’re dating, and discuss this matter with them as well. You can talk to a trusted adult as well, and the most important thing is that you should take your time and it’s all up to you. And you say that eventually you will have to talk to them, eventually can be whenever you want, and you have a lot of time to tell them so don’t worry about it. Best of luck Emily!