Job Title: Associate Development Director
Job Location: West Hollywood, CA
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Supervisor: VP of Development
The Associate Development Director is part of the leadership team for the organization and reports directly to VP of Development. The Associate Development Director provides leadership, management and coordination for all aspects of Trevor’s fundraising efforts with an emphasis on major gifts solicitation and oversight, and manages the development department in a fiscally sound manner. The position required sound fundraising judgment, a collaborative work ethic, strong organizational skills and excellent written and spoken communication. The Associate Development Director directly supervises a staff of 4.
• Play a key, hands-on role in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major donors for annual and multi-year gifts.
• Prepare the annual fundraising plan in collaboration with the VP of Development as part of the annual budget process.
• Provide detailed reports about the fundraising progress to the VP of Development, as well as appropriate Board committees on a regular basis.
• Implement fundraising strategies that increase the organizations’ support from individuals, corporations, foundations and other sources, with a special emphasis on developing individual and corporate donors.
• Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate short term and long-range strategic donor marketing plans.
• Ensure database content is properly entered and maintained.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with the philanthropic community, individual and corporate donors and sponsors, board members and volunteers.
• Ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place to support Trevor’s fundraising goals.
• Ensure that all donors are appropriately thanked and receive regular communication making donor stewardship a priority throughout the organization.
• Appropriately manage, retain, train, support and evaluate department staff.
• Participate in all appropriate committee meetings and Board meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 3-5 years of successful development experience, including 2+ years as the manager of a high performing team and a complex fundraising program in a sophisticated organization with a reputation for excellence.
• Demonstrable track record of personally identifying, cultivating, and soliciting individual donors, corporations, and foundations for support is essential.
• Proven experience and track record of success with major donor solicitation and the ability and confidence to make the ask when appropriate.
• Experience with direct mail solicitation, planned giving & bequests highly desirable
• Experience with LGBT constituencies and philanthropic communities, while not required, is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience managing people and budgets.
• Prior work with volunteers.
• Strong organizational skills, with a proven record of managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
• Proven concern for detail, organization, and timely follow-through.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge, or equivalent donor software.
• Demonstrated experience working in a multicultural environment where commitment to diversity based on race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and physical ability is an important institutional value.
How to apply:
Please forward cover letter, resume, salary history and relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Associate Director of Development" in the subject line.
We regret that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to respond to all inquiries.
The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer, with a strong commitment to a diverse, multicultural staff. In addition, The Trevor Project offers full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 403b, paid holidays and much more.