Job Title: Development Intern
West Hollywood, California
New York City, New York
Classification: 10-20 hours per week internship, college credit
The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth.
The Trevor Project is looking for an Development Intern to work with the Development staff. Position will learn and work in the day-to-day management and operational coordination of fundraising activities, including individual donor relations, corporate partnerships, foundation funding research and grant writing, and event planning. The purpose of the internship experience is to gain valuable knowledge while being in and around professional fundraisers and development support staff at a non-profit organization.
• Work with the fundraising database, Raiser’s Edge, by entering data, creating queries, and building reports.
• Write and send acknowledgement letters, renewal letters, and other appeals.
• Research funding opportunities with private and corporate foundations.
• Draft grant proposals and reports.
• Research constituents and compile profiles of prospective donors.
• Participate in planning meetings and site visits.
• Assist in scheduling and organizing administrative and special event volunteers.
• Meet regularly with Development staff and leaders among The Trevor Project’s various departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; must currently be in college or be eligible for credit through extension program
• Experience in the non-profit sector preferred
• Must be able to work independently
• Must have strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel
• Must have the ability to work under time constraints
• Must be well organized and have good attention to detail
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks
• Friendly and outgoing personality, enthusiasm and dedication to teamwork
• Strong commitment to The Trevor Project’s mission and the LGBTQ community.
How to apply
Please forward cover letter and resume email@example.com. Please put "Intern-Development-West Hollywood or New York" in the subject line.
We regret that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to respond to all inquiries. No telephone calls or faxes, please.