The Trevor Project is determined to end suicide among LGBTQ youth by providing life-saving and life-affirming resources including our nationwide, 24/7 crisis intervention lifeline, digital community and advocacy/educational programs that create a safe, supportive and positive environment for everyone.
Job Title: Marketing Intern
Job Location: New York, NY
Classification: Unpaid Internship for Credit
Supervisor: Marketing Director
The Marketing Intern will have the opportunity to gain non-profit experience in a fun and professional environment. The right candidate will have a strong interest in non-profit marketing and will readily display a positive, “can do” attitude and a willingness to learn.
The Marketing Intern will assist The Trevor Project’s Marketing department with various tasks including, but not limited to, email marketing, graphic design in the print and digital space, social media marketing, website management/analytics and administrative office work.
- Assist with website content management and reporting/analysis
- Assist with managing Google Adwords
- Manage small design projects for print and web
- Create and manage reports for email marketing efforts
- Moderate social media profiles and respond to fan comments and questions
- Identify and connect with key influencers and fans to amplify the reach of Trevor’s messages
- Research daily trends, stories, hot topics on blogs and social media
- Assist in measuring social media analytics and produce reports
- Support advocacy work to maximize participation through social media
- Assist in managing online fundraising campaigns
- Other tasks as assigned
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program
• Must be receiving college credit
• Experience or interest in working for an LGBTQ cause
• Strong commitment to The Trevor Project’s mission
• High level of professionalism and strong comprehension skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• High level of organization and attention to detail
• Friendly and outgoing personality, enthusiasm and dedication to teamwork
• Computer literacy, including knowledge of
o Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
o Adobe Design Suite
• Well-versed in all major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Flickr, Google+ and Instagram
• Experience with any of the following is a plus:
o Social media monitoring tools
o Google & YouTube Analytics
o Facebook Insights
o Web development including html, css, and content management system administration.
Please forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Marketing Intern” in the subject line.
We regret that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to respond to all inquiries.
The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer, with a strong commitment to a diverse, multicultural staff.