Job Title: Special Events Volunteer Intern
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Hours: 25 hrs/wk. 9am-2pm
Supervisor: Special Events Manager
The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth.
The Trevor Project is looking for a Volunteer Intern to provide administrative coordination and support to the Director of Special Events and Manager of Special Events on all aspects of special events planning and implementation, including regional initiatives, to increase awareness of and expand fund-raising capabilities of the organization.
The Special Events program is comprised of a diverse range of small to large-scale fund-raising events. The primary focus of the Special Events Volunteer will be administrative support to the Manager of Special Events for several events across the country.
• Perform administrative tasks in support of Special Events. To include managing silent auction lists, donor outreach and follow-up, sponsorship outreach, as well as coordinate delivery of items to our New York and DC offices.
• Coordinate and maintain contact lists for various events.
• Solicit “in-kind” donations for various types of events including outreach to restaurants, vineyards, and spirits companies for upcoming Spring Event in New York City.
• Provide general support to Manager of Special Events, but not limited to, data entry, phone coverage, and event supply maintenance.
• Attend weekly Committee meetings providing detailed notes and action points to Manager of Special events and team.
• Perform other duties and special projects as required.
Frequent administrative contact with Senior Management, Regional Ambassador and NextGen Chairs Vendors and other departments, including Marketing and Communications.
• Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to manage several projects simultaneously
• A working knowledge of special events in nonprofit setting
• Non-profit Special Events fundraising in New York or Los Angeles highly desirable
• Experience working with volunteers preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well on teams
• Detail oriented with an ability to work under pressure
• Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Good problem solving skills
• Knowledge of MS Office systems including Word and Excel
Please send a resume and cover letter to: [email protected] and complete the employment application at: http://www.thetrevorproject.org/pages/employment-application
The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer, with a strong commitment to a diverse, multicultural staff. Transgender people and people of color are especially encouraged to apply.