For the next two months, The Trevor Project is joining a nationwide book tour for The Parents Project, a new resource by Dannielle Owens-Reid and Kristin Russo for parents hoping to understand and communicate with their LGBT or questioning child.
We are so looking forward to spreading the word about our life-saving, life-affirming programs, resources and services, and reminding LGBTQ youth and their parents that we are always here to help. In fact, many of the cities chosen for this book tour were purposeful – several have a higher suicide rate than the national average, and that’s a big deal. This book tour is not only an opportunity to support a valuable resource; it’s a chance to bring Trevor into communities that really need us.
Do you live in, or near, these cities? If so, you may be able to help us make a difference! Please consider this unique in-person opportunity to help us strengthen our outreach at these book events. We’d love to see you there!
- November 5, 2014: Salt Lake City, UT
- November 7, 2014: Boulder, CO
- November 13, 2014: Chicago, IL
- November 16, 2014: Columbus, OH
- December 2, 2014: Charlotte, NC
- December 4, 2014: Charleston, SC
- December 5, 2014: Atlanta, GA
- December 7, 2014: Nashville, TN
- December 8, 2014: Birmingham, AL
- December 12, 2014: Austin, TX
To find out more details about these events, visit the Parents Project calendar of events. If you’d like to volunteer at an event, please reach out to [email protected] for information.