Thank you so much for choosing to fundraise for The Trevor Project! All funds you raise will support Trevor’s mission to end LGBTQ youth suicide. By becoming a fundraiser for Trevor, you’re joining the Trevor community to affirm and celebrate the lives of LGBTQ youth.
There are many ways to fundraise for The Trevor Project. One of the most popular ways to do so is on social media. Learn more about which platform you’re fundraising on below!
Fundraising on Facebook
Fundraising on Facebook is easy and fun. You’ll be able to engage with your friends and you’ll get a custom donate page.
Trevor’s most successful fundraisers:
- Set an exciting goal
- Create urgency by setting an end date
- Customize the title and story:
- People want to know why you chose to fundraise for The Trevor Project
- Select a cover photo
Once your page is up, The Trevor Project Facebook Messenger platform will help supercharge your Facebook fundraising efforts. We will share exclusive tips and tricks for Facebook fundraising, including great content that you can share from The Trevor Project.
Fundraising on Instagram
Instagram fundraising is becoming more and more popular. You can fundraise in three ways on Instagram:
- By creating an online fundraiser through The Trevor Project and linking it in your Instagram bio,
- Linking to The Trevor Project’s donation page on your Instagram bio,
- Adding a donate button to your Instagram story posts.
Please reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions on this process.
The Trevor Project’s online fundraising toolkit:
Want some advice on how to maximize your fundraising potential?
Download our FREE Online Fundraising Toolkit and learn how you can raise more funds to directly support LGBTQ youth in crisis.