You are using an outdated browser.
Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience and security.
Skip to main
Self-Care at Home
- Call the TrevorLifeline at 866-488-7386
- Connect with safe, supportive community of LGBTQ folks on TrevorSpace.org
- Login to TrevorChat.org
- Do an activity that soothes you
- Make an appointment with a therapist
- Collect a self-care box; collect items that relax you
Self-Care at School
- Write down 5 things you’re grateful for
- Reach out to a counselor or adult you admire
- Identify your feelings; journal what you’re going through
- Share trvr.org/lifeguard with an adult you trust
- If you’re in class breathe in and out slowly
- Observe what’s positive around you
Self-Care in Public
- Text ‘START’ to 678-678
- Spend time in nature
- Pick up 2-3 natural materials and feel them between your fingers
- Practice repeating kind words to yourself
- Ask for a glass of water and sip it slowly
- Snack on something mindfully
Learn more about
Approaches for before, during, and after a difficult conversation to make sure the dialogue – and your mental health – stays safe.
Here are some helpful resources to help you explore the topic of mental health. Remember, you can always reach out, if you need immediate help.